Need info / value on 3 older shotguns

DuckDawg

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
Hunt.
65   0
Reaction score
Winchester Model 12 Nickel Steel 16 Gauge

Winchester Model 12 12 Gauge

LC SMITH SxS / I’m not sure what gauge this shotgun is. Maybe 10 or 12. It has two sets of barrels.

If y’all have any knowledge on these shotguns regarding the value or just basic information please feel free to PM me. I’m completely in the dark when it comes to the older stuff.

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• IMG_1975.jpeg
    IMG_1975.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1976.jpeg
    IMG_1976.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1978.jpeg
    IMG_1978.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 56
Since no one will pony up to the bar and put their $.02 in. First off this an opinion and like … you know, some may find it stinks.
How much are they worth?
Win 12 12ga. $250-300
Win 12 16ga. $300-400
LC Smith $500
This area of the country, shotguns sell for peanuts. No birds left to hunt. The few that do hunt birds probably have plenty of cash to spend on a quail hunt or duck hunt. They aren’t buying shooter grade common vintage shotguns. They want to impress their peers with some $5k min shotguns or they duck hunt and want the latest and greatest.
The Win model 12s are common in field grade. The replacement recoil pad killed the value if it had been near pristine. 16ga have had a small resurgence so it maybe marketable. The plain barrels (non vented or raised) aren’t very popular. Plus the most common.
The LC Smith I can’t tell which model but I’m guessing field grade. A common gun in its day. If the barrel set is serial numbered to the frame. That may bump the price up. A lot of people place sentimental value on LC Smiths, Browning Sweet 16s and other guns their grand parents passed down. Unfortunately no one pays for sentimental value. A field grade LC Smith was very common and usually very used. Like the Browning Sweet 16 that seems everyone has in their closet. Unless its pristine in the box with a vent barrel. You have a run of the mill A5 in 16ga that may not even be safe to fire with 2 3/4” shells.
As others will tell you. Look at Gunbrokers past sales to get an idea of value. Then factor in listing fees, selling fees, shipping fees that the buyer usually pays but often go over what ever you charge. Shipping has gotten stupid, especially to the left coast.
Hope this helps and good luck.

I concur with the above comments. I would add that the damage to the LC Smith will hurt it's value but might be offset by the second set of barrels if they are serialized to the receiver

I also agree with what Gordylew said. Just because there old doesn't mean they have great value. With old gun by the time you bring them up to pare you have twice what you paid for the gun

Back
Top Bottom