• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help with value on S&W

I disagree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping your late father's gun in pristine unfired condition as a keepsake, even though you might not be a S&W collector. In my opinion, there would also be nothing wrong with taking it to the range now and then...

I was not considering the source. I'm all for keeping in memory of your Dad. However you will also have to ask; "Would Dad have wanted me to honor him with keeping a collectable piece perfect or enjoying it by shooting it.?"

This is a long standing discussion about "unfired" weapons. One side believes, "Shoot it: that's what it was made for." The other side "There are others to shoot , let's keep the museum pieces set apart, before there are none left."

I was not considering the source. I'm all for keeping in memory of your Dad. However you will also have to ask; "Would Dad have wanted me to honor him with keeping a collectable piece perfect or enjoying it by shooting it.?"

This is a long standing discussion about "unfired" weapons. One side believes, "Shoot it: that's what it was made for." The other side "There are others to shoot , let's keep the museum pieces set apart, before there are none left."

Yea I am all about keeping a gun like this Model 19 unfired. That is why I don't buy guns like this anymore! I want to shoot them to bad!

im debating with myself on whether or not to shoot it because personally i don't buy gun's to put up, but it is kind of cool to have one that's still new in the box. i'm definately NOT selling it though.

Back
Top Bottom