Need help picking out a watch

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for a watch around $500. Has to be mechanical not quartz and I'd really like one with a blue dial that goes with a lot of my work clothes. Bonus points if has an open dial that allows you to see the gears and springs moving inside. These two caught my eye. The Orient Star and a Bulova American Clipper. I already have a Bulova and I really like it but I don't think that one has illuminated hands. The Orient Star looks really nice but I have no experience with that brand. Any opinions? Other models I should be looking at?

American+Clipper.jpeg

orient-orient-star-automatic-blue-dial-mens-watch-reav0003l00b.jpg

Have you looked into Deep Blue watches? Lots of swiss movement watched with display back. Sporty functional dive watches.
Deep Blue emails me daily. I like how they're priced and the many color options. Although I thought they used mostly Seiko and Miyota movements. And I don't think they have a display dial option.
I would probably go with the Orient given what I see and read about them. The Bulova in the OPs comment is nice but it's a little too much of a dress watch for ME. But I do dig several Bulova models like the Oceanographer ( 666 Devil Diver) for it's retro 70s look and I love the entire Sinatra line.

Back
Top Bottom