• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NEED HELP ASAP!!! EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
I just found out from work that I will be deploying (TDY, really) very short term to an undisclosed location (desert). I have less than a week to get the following stuff, but I need help from the experts that can recommend the best brands, models, etc...

gortex jacket

socks

hiking boots

wheeled duffelbag

tactical backpack

shirts or vests (that can go over body armor)

belt (sturdy enough for holster and etc)

cargo pants

I have some stuff from the army, but i need equipment thats more discrete than camo. Thanks a lot in advance. budget is 1k.

Adventure Outdoors and REI. REI has a great return and warranty policy. There are a few tactical stores in Columbus, GA near the base (or any big base) that will have options for you. You will not need the gortex jacket mostly. Can you say how long you will be gone?

Adventure Outdoors and REI. REI has a great return and warranty policy. There are a few tactical stores in Columbus, GA near the base (or any big base) that will have options for you. You will not need the gortex jacket mostly. Can you say how long you will be gone?
just two weeks or so. Im looking at REI but I feel like theyre a bit overpriced. I can get as much as I want of each item as long as its within the budget. Id rather capitalize on my budget, but I dont want to sacrifice quality since this is obviously a serious situation that I cannot risk anything going wrong. Or minize the risk at least.

Hiking boots take some time to break in. If you sub the boots for some good hiking shoes that would be best.

Get your sock at REI, the REI brand that dont smell after 3 days of wearing them. (really not kidding)

Belt, Shirts, Cargo pants, - Tactical Stores, Walmart, Target, AO

just two weeks or so. Im looking at REI but I feel like theyre a bit overpriced. I can get as much as I want of each item as long as its within the budget. Id rather capitalize on my budget, but I dont want to sacrifice quality since this is obviously a serious situation that I cannot risk anything going wrong. Or minize the risk at least.

Get your shirts from Walmart or target, they should be cheap.

Sock and underwear spend the cash, NOTHING Cotton.

Spend the money on the footwear.

REI is pricey but you could look there and buy the same thing only for cheap sometimes.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I greatly appreciate it.

One thing to note though, itll be hot as **** and we will be outside all day every day so EVERYTHING I buy will have to be heat resistant and cooling, including shirts and pants and etc.

Thanks again everyone. Im taking all tips into account.

Back
Top Bottom