• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need brush hog (rotary mower) recommendation

True story. My BIL told me that one of his daughters who works as an emergency room nurse at one of the local hospitals, I think it's gainesville, she told him recently that many patients come in hurt bad and tore up due to bush hogs, that they must be some really mean animals.

We laugh. But it's true, farm equipment hurts or kills many people each year. Be extra safe running rotary cutters, shut the PTO down before stepping off the tractor, even if only standing up to pee.
Mine shuts off if I stand up. Guess that’s a good thing.

True story. My BIL told me that one of his daughters who works as an emergency room nurse at one of the local hospitals, I think it's gainesville, she told him recently that many patients come in hurt bad and tore up due to bush hogs, that they must be some really mean animals.

We laugh. But it's true, farm equipment hurts or kills many people each year. Be extra safe running rotary cutters, shut the PTO down before stepping off the tractor, even if only standing up to pee.

Nothing more fun that putting in the clutch, stepping on the brake on an 8N and have the rotary cutter drive you through a barbed wire fence. No clutch on the PTO.

My first tractor driving experience was a Ford 8n back in mid 70’s when I worked at the AAC golf club driving range picking up balls, AND being a target :heh:

I have really been impressed with the TRI equipment. They are made in Tennessee. The decks are heavier gauge metal, and pricing is a lot less than Bushhog. I spoke with a lady there today, and she said they had been in business for over 30 years, so getting parts from them should not be a problem. The biggest problem I have had is finding someone in the area that sells them. Seymour Tractor in Seymour, TN sells a lot of their equipment, and I was told that they will deliver the equipment too

Back
Top Bottom