Need Advice- 22lr Suppressed AR Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOOMAN

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Need help and advice on building a 22lr suppressed pistol for my wife and I to shoot. Tired of her using my DD AR15 with conversion kit. It will be much lighter for her to shoot. I have 8 to 9 months before I get my suppressor (if this group buy works). Below is what I am thinking:

1. Spikes 5.5" Barrel
2. Upper- Do I need a dedicated 22lr upper? Would like to have a standard upper and use my conversion kit but not sure if that will work.
3. Bolt Carrier Group- Do I need a dedicated BCG or can I use my conversion kit?
4. Lower- Can I use a multi caliber lower?

This is my first 22lr AR Pistol. I want to be able to change certain items or barrel to give me more options. I know I can buy the upper from Spikes for $800. Thanks for the help.

Redtazdog can convert some kits, I believe he uses a cmmg collar. I just put my 6 inch barrel in the mail. to have it cut to 4.5 and threaded.he also makes barrels in any length you want.

Redtazdog can convert some kits, I believe he uses a cmmg collar. I just put my 6 inch barrel in the mail. to have it cut to 4.5 and threaded.he also makes barrels in any length you want.

Thanks. Trying to sign up for Silencer talk to contact him regarding a barrel. I did find out some more info on AR15.com. Looks like I can use my CMMG conversion kit and replace the chamber adapter with a barrel collar. I am sure i can use a standard upper receiver and lower to make this work. At least I have 7 months to figure this all out. Hard to find good info on 22lr AR Pistols. Not sure they are that desirable but should be fun to shoot especially for the wife.

You can buy a collar instead of the standard chamber adapter and send it to him or if you buy the kit directly from CMMG you can request the collar instead of the adapter.

Redtazdog only has a few barrels left (if any by now). He is taking a break/hiatus for a few months. So if you want him to do the work I'd suggest contacting him ASAP.

Last edited:
You can buy a collar instead of the standard chamber adapter and send it to him or if you buy the kit directly from CMMG you can request the collar instead of the adapter.

Redtazdog only has a few barrels left (if any by now). He is taking a break/hiatus for a few months. So if you want him to do the work I'd suggest contacting him ASAP.

Do you think his 5.5" or shorter 22lr barrels are cheaper than $165 (price from Spikes)? Getting on Silencer Talk now to message him. Thanks for your help. I graduated from UGA in 2004 as well (I assume you did as well from your screen name). I miss Athens!!!! Only go back for football games now or to see my mom.

Do you think his 5.5" or shorter 22lr barrels are cheaper than $165 (price from Spikes)? Getting on Silencer Talk now to message him. Thanks for your help. I graduated from UGA in 2004 as well (I assume you did as well from your screen name). I miss Athens!!!! Only go back for football games now or to see my mom.

I know the barrels are cheaper. I bought one from him last week. If you ship him all the upper parts he will assemble and test fire for for an additional $10, heck of a deal.

UGA grad in 2004, go dawgs!

Last edited:
Here is my little franken gun. I'm waiting for my stamp back ono d an SBR, was going to have .22 and 9mm uppers, decided to dedicate the pistol lower for the .22 since it doesn't need the buffer tube.

If you want the spikes pistol buffer plug, order it from Brownells when you need to order other parts, Spikes rapes you for 10+ on the shipping of a 20 dollar part.

2012081714520250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom