• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a tutor!!!

ARSteve

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
As my passion for guns has grown, so has my desire to learn the "ins and outs" of all my weapons. Is there a gun smithing shop, service, etc that teaches? Keep in mind, I'm not a kid looking for a hand out. I'm a 44 year old trying to gain knowledge about my weapons, and others I will be acquiring in the future. I don't want to travel 3,000 miles to go to a school. That's just not possible. Thank you in advance for any input. I'm willing to pay for the education, it's the travel that's the issue.

ARSteve

Last edited:
There is currently 3 people on here including myself that could help you if you're taking about learning the fundamentals on a few firearms....
"Headhunter", "willr1", or myself could help you if that is what you are looking for.
There may be others that I'm not aware of.

There is currently 3 people on here including myself that could help you if you're taking about learning the fundamentals on a few firearms....
"Headhunter", "willr1", or myself could help you if that is what you are looking for.
There may be others that I'm not aware of.

Crawl, walk then you can run. Get to hanging out with likeminded folks and you tube is your friend; most of the challenge is just breaking down and reassembly. The rest is common to most brands that use/steal from other designs (John Browning designs perhaps the most stolen). You will get plenty of assistance here in this section. Many fear what they don't know-embrace not knowing and strive for knowledge and there are no limits to what you can or will do.

Last edited:
If your anywhere near cartersville I would recommend talking to shrek926 on here. He's been a gunsmith for 20 years and was able to fix my issues without ever seeing the weapon. By emailing him back and forth I was able to fix my ar. Chat with him he is a good man to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom