• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a quasi legal answer:

Had a couple of complaints once in our old neighborhood. They complained about a little tikes tiny slide once on my front porch. So I decided to put all the toys in the yard for a couple of weeks to really piss them off. The sidewalk chalk argument really went bad for them. Push come to shove. It’s private property. Restraining orders works. And ask me about the “leash law”. That’s another joke.

Had a couple of complaints once in our old neighborhood. They complained about a little tikes tiny slide once on my front porch. So I decided to put all the toys in the yard for a couple of weeks to really piss them off. The sidewalk chalk argument really went bad for them. Push come to shove. It’s private property. Restraining orders works. And ask me about the “leash law”. That’s another joke.
Found the guy who got their HOA lawyer a new pool, garage upgrade, sportscar, then a new house ententirely. KSouth KSouth single handedly put the lawyers kid through an Ivy League school.

Found the guy who got their HOA lawyer a new pool, garage upgrade, sportscar, then a new house ententirely. KSouth KSouth single handedly put the lawyers kid through an Ivy League school.
No I just know who the main guy is and the rest can kiss my ass. I bow to no man. What’s the saying
“F around and find out”
Or it’s “ who you know what what you know”

I have actually sent a Certified letter to our management company, telling them to "**** Off"!
Then I got elected to the board.
Come to find out that the management company gets .60 cents for every letter they mail, and they were mailing quite a few!
Every mailing and fine has to be approved by the board, so I quash probably 80 percent of their crap, explaining to the company that our subdivision doesn't have those particular rules and that we aren't Hamilton Mill!
Tell them to produce the rule, or to amend the rules, otherwise cease and desist with their illegal enforcement and fines.

1680447980457.gif

1680447921363.png

Some how, this is the first time I stumped into your thread. My experience with these suckers, or HOA, is that WE NEVER WIN against them. Somehow HOA has power to even “Levi” your property. A fight that I had with my previous HOA where I lived in Cobb County, turned out I lost almost $10k, with fees, interest, more shyyt fees, lawyers, and in one of the hearing, the judge told me, “Sir, rules are made to be followed. If you don’t agree, move out.”

Against my will, we now live in Hall County in another HOA; happy wife, happy life, right? She chosen this house. But we joined the HOA, wifey is part of it and I am great friend with the President. In another words, if you can‘t win a fight against somebody, JOIN them! lol

Sincere advise: trim them shrubs !

According to their letter, " Please prune shrubs and keep them properly maintained. Please prune shrubs so they are less than half the height of the from windows."

Well, I see four windows on the part of the house where the bushes are located. Since the HOA did not specify the bottom windows, one must look at all four windows. The shrubs do not appear to be "less than half the height" of the front windows.

Attachments

• shrubs.png
    shrubs.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 5
According to their letter, " Please prune shrubs and keep them properly maintained. Please prune shrubs so they are less than half the height of the from windows."

Well, I see four windows on the part of the house where the bushes are located. Since the HOA did not specify the bottom windows, one must look at all four windows. The shrubs do not appear to be "less than half the height" of the front windows.
That was going to be my argument in court, but see above re: ‘Victory’

Back
Top Bottom