• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a quasi legal answer:

Can't hide money
DelightfulUntimelyDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

I think it's funny that if you go to their FB page and look at the photos they show houses with bushes over halfway covering windows.

OP, the best long term strategy is to just trim your bushes. You don't want to start a war with your own HOA, you won't win.
Now you know why most people only go through a HOA community once and permanently swear it off. I loved mine for what they provided but it always came with BS like this. Wait until they start enforcing grass heights.

OP, the best long term strategy is to just trim your bushes. You don't want to start a war with your own HOA, you won't win.
Now you know why most people only go through a HOA community once and permanently swear it off. I loved mine for what they provided but it always came with BS like this. Wait until they start enforcing grass heights.

Of course you can win a war with an HOA. You do need to avoid taking them head-on.

Make them live by their own rules. Make them show you exactly which rules your broke. If they can't do that, make them admit there is no rule. Be magnanimous. Tell them you're happy to comply with any rules that do exist. Make sure everyone follows ALL of the steps. Make it hard work for them. You'd be surprised how often they just give up. When they give up, you've won.

Back
Top Bottom