• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a lawyer around Tifton

Free advice. Follow at your own risk.

Do not admit anything at anytime, until if/when you need to.

If he has a clean record, GREAT! The following should be his best option. If he has anything but a lean record going back at least three years, just pay the ticket and move on with your life, lesson learned.

Traffic Courts do not (usually) want to make money for insurance companies - not in the Court or municipalities' interest.

Call the Solicitor in charge of the case. Do this by calling the number on the ticket. Talk to them as early as possible - lots of people wait too late.

Offer to plea Nolo Contendre and attend a Driver Improvement class, payment of the fine and court costs, in return for a reduced speed and Null Pros of the case.

Win-Win (if you want to be points-free, and save on likely increase premiums).

The municipality gains the fees they seek. The speeding has been penalized. Solicitor has one less case to deal with on the docket that day.

The municipality reports the citation to the state (they MUST report something) at the reduced ingraction.

Beware, some Solicitors will only deal on the day of the hearing. Your first appearance is usually where you enter your plea, then the Court sets it down for trial. Your son may have to return to Tifton.

Do not enter a Courtroom without competent, responsible, and experienced representation.

JMTC. Good luck. Keep us updated.

That atty is full of it. They wont suspend his lic off one speeding tkt unless it was 100mph in a school zone while dui or something.
Go to the d.a. And talk to him. Ask him if he can plea guilty and pay a fine to have points dropped.
The attny was hoping you would hire him for an easy case by scaring you.
I wouldn’t believe him... just my .02
Yes it is true, under 21 and maybe under 18 too has stricter laws, can't have more than a couple points on your license or bye bye license for 6 months

That atty is full of it. They wont suspend his lic off one speeding tkt unless it was 100mph in a school zone while dui or something.
Go to the d.a. And talk to him. Ask him if he can plea guilty and pay a fine to have points dropped.
The attny was hoping you would hire him for an easy case by scaring you.
I wouldn’t believe him... just my .02
Bad advice - if he’s under 21 anything 24+ over the speed limit period will automatically suspend his license among a list of other things that will with a single one time violation (like passing a stopped school bus) - asking for a deal isn’t a bad idea, but acting as if it has no serious consequences is a terrible plan.

Bad news, even "zero points" can result in higher insurance premiums. It will still show up on your driving record. I'm a relatively new insurance agent, but I've already seen it happen several times.

Back
Top Bottom