• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

need a flag for a sick Marine

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
My neighbor across the road is a Marine vet that lives alone off disability and income from the small storage facility he has here. He has cirrhosis pretty bad and has been in the hospital a good bit lately. His son had been helping him with yard work etc, but he is out of town for an extended time for work. I've started talking care of the yard work for him so he doesn't have to in this heat, and trying to help out where else we can.
He is a proud vet and flies 3 American and Marine flags around the property. They are all starting to get weathered to the point they need to be retired. I plan on replacing them for him in honor of Veterans Day, and thought it may be more meaningful for him if some of the flags, especially the Marine Corp ones, came from his brothers in service.
If you have one around, or would like to get one for him to fly, let me know.

The ones he has now are 3x5 I think, but I could probably make something a little bigger work if needed. If I can catch him gone from the house this weekend I'll verify. Trying to be low key about it so he doesn't tell me he cab replace them himself. I told him I was doing his yard because I like being out on the mower, so I didn't chance hurting his pride.

Back
Top Bottom