• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Neat gadget discovered

hamburglar3

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Robble Robble Robble
650   0
Reaction score
Near Ellijay GA Sandy Springs occasionally
With the virus freak out high and gas prices low, I figured it was a good time to cycle my 5 gallon gas cans stored in garage. These are new safety style and took forever to put in truck

I found the attached picture on amazon to add a flow vent to new cans.

Thought it may be useful to others

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 61
  • B53F0CA3-598A-4363-BE20-AB339B69F4F8.png
    B53F0CA3-598A-4363-BE20-AB339B69F4F8.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 59
With the virus freak out high and gas prices low, I figured it was a good time to cycle my 5 gallon gas cans stored in garage. These are new safety style and took forever to put in truck

I found the attached picture on amazon to add a flow vent to new cans.

Thought it may be useful to others
All my cans that came with that dumb spout and no vent, I went to Ace and picked up the good spouts and they came with that vent included in the package..Those vent sure make it much easier to poor fuel out!! I picked up fuel yesterday for $1.92 / gal in Jasper.

Been there, done that. I did 20 cans, some for my lakehouse and watercraft, and others at home. You have to drill a hole, very carefully, and then deal with the plastic shavings. Truly a pain and, if doing it again, would probably use a hot iron/solder tip to melt the hole instead of drilling. On the positive side, probably takes one-quarter the time to empty the jug.

Been there, done that. I did 20 cans, some for my lakehouse and watercraft, and others at home. You have to drill a hole, very carefully, and then deal with the plastic shavings. Truly a pain and, if doing it again, would probably use a solder tip to melt the hole instead of drilling. On the positive side, probably takes one-quarter the time to empty the jug.
Good soldering tip (pun intended).

I just screw a self-drilling screw where I want the vent. When I get ready to pour the gas I remove the screw. Don't put it all the way back in and it's easy to take out with your fingers - no need for a wrench

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom