• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My truck was totaled and now the fight begins

I was hit by a 78 year old driver who was completely on the wrong side of the road. I jerked the wheel to take the ditch to avoid a head on but the car still hit me when I was leaving the road. They've totaled my truck and offering me well under what I believe it's worth. What's the best way to fight this and get the most to put me back in a comparable truck? Thanks in advance.
One call that's all. Or call the Strong Arm! :car:

Lucky stars. Pays to count them sometimes. You are ok. Last week I witnessed a head on. I was the first on the scene. Got the boy out, not hurt too bad. His mom had head trama. Never regained consciousness. Vehicle smoking so i got her out. Not wearing seatbelt. They life flighted her away and i wrote a statement for police. So, I am left wondering. Buckle up guys

Do a lot of research. Check as many places as you can local to get vehicles the same make, options and
mileage. You will need to fight a little to get it up much. If they don't want to play ball
mention lawyers and hospitals. They like to stay away from those words if the insured is at fault.
Try the other insurance company, I would not strong arm my own company unless absolutely necessary.

had a fight with the ins company on my wife's car. a tdi beetle. they wanted to give me gasser price for it. trust me,the beetles suck,but value is value. i overloaded the with faxed pictures and prices of tdi vs gas beetles. they caved, you cant email them because its a click to delete. but sending them paper works. find trucks like yours,with you mileage or close and fax them printouts. then find trucks in the price range they are trying to give you,and make notes of the difference. this only works if your value is not over selling prices. but in my case the tdi is about 4k over the gas costs.
you just gotta hammer them,they make money by paying out as little as they can..
good luck,and sorry for the headache you have in front of you. glad you are ok..

I went though this back in the spring. Her insurance offered about 65% of what I wanted so I dug my feet in and refused to settle. It was a somewhat rare truck and they were using comps from all over the country. I exchanged 37 emails with my claims coordinator making my case for my valuation based on real world comps within 200 miles. On day 30 they came back with a new value that was $80 over the value I had argued for. I'm not sure if they just wanted to get it off of their books or what but for 29 days they refused to budge despite how good of an argument I made.

Back
Top Bottom