• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My saddle arrived today

When I looked I thought the exact same thing😁

24/48, any chance you’ve weighed the entire kit? Been wondering what they wind up, I’m sure it’s a little different for each persons set up. Are you using any extenders for the sticks?
I have not weighed it yet. I’ve added a few items to it to suit my needs and preferences. I’ll weight the entire setup this week and let you know.

Instead of a paint job you might have been better off with stealth strips. Cutting down on metal on metal noise is key. Makes the whole process much quieter. Paint job does look slick though.
Thanks.
I looked at those, but wasn’t interested in putting them on the Hawk Sticks. I had all the paint in my garage already, so I didn’t come out of pocket for anything. I’ll be upgrading my sticks later on this season and will likely buy them then.

My Tethrd Phantom saddle arrived.
I’m running a set of (3) Hawk Helium sticks and Hawk Platform. I put a paracord wrap on the platform to give my boots a little bit more grip. I’ll eventually replace it with a Tethrd XL platform. I’ve added some XOP holsters so that I can attach 2 of the sticks to my saddle when ascending/descending the tree. The first one will be hung from ground level, so no need for more.
I also got an accessory hanger for my bow and a water bottle pouch that will adjust out to fit anything up to a Nalgene sized bottle. If I add a suspender kit to it I’ll put a Hardside Hydration Swig Rig on my Nalgene bottle so I don’t have to worry about removing it to get a drink.
(If y’all haven’t seen these they are awesome) That’s still up in the air for now as I don’t drink much water once I’m up in a tree. I haven’t weighed the entire setup yet, but it’s still pretty light.
View attachment 4700176View attachment 4700178View attachment 4700177
Nice kit!

Nice kit!
Thanks!
I tied up 2 different sets of aiders today. I used a piece of pex tubing on each step to have something rigid to put my foot on.
One is a single step, the other one has 2 steps. I’m going to set up with both and see which is better for me.
My main concern is keeping the daisy chain or the strap for the bottom stick low enough that it is still easy to reach and isn’t a pain to set up.
The top of my bottom stick is right at 6 feet high with a single step aider.

Back
Top Bottom