• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Remington 5r build.

I was going to build a pencil barrell savage i have, my plan was to blueprint the action (some say not really worth it but i just wanna) put a 1 inch full varmit 308 barrell on it was looking as accuracy international stock's but am more than likely going to go with a choate ultimate varmit stock.Then a rifle basix trigger set to 1.5 pounds (could change once i get it all set up.) haven't thought about glass much but ill get there.

Had already planned to lap the ring's bolt and probally the trigger.

but after seeing this im thinking i may just stick with a 700 for this build

I was going to build a pencil barrell savage i have, my plan was to blueprint the action (some say not really worth it but i just wanna) put a 1 inch full varmit 308 barrell on it was looking as accuracy international stock's but am more than likely going to go with a choate ultimate varmit stock.Then a rifle basix trigger set to 1.5 pounds (could change once i get it all set up.) haven't thought about glass much but ill get there.

Had already planned to lap the ring's bolt and probally the trigger.

but after seeing this im thinking i may just stick with a 700 for this build

You really can't go wrong with either one. Savage makes a very accurate rifle. I was looking for a Savage when I first started thinking about this project. The reason I changed my mind was because I did some reading on the Remington 5rs and decided i just had to have one.

Back
Top Bottom