• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My New Toys!!!

m88dad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
My wife is awesome!

She bought her self a Mini 30 and, as a consolation prize, she bought me a Mini 14 as an early birthday present, so I guess I can't be too upset!
The Mini 14 is on top, Mini 30 on bottom and some 7.62x39mm Zombie Max ammo in the middle!!!
i1082.photobucket.com_albums_j368_m88dad_Random_Minis.jpg

I've been talking all year long about how much I wanted a Mini 14 and now I have one!!!

Question: I want to put a M14 style flash suppressor on the Mini 14. Is there anything special I need to consider before doing that? I have heard that some of them just slip on over the barrel and are secured with a set screw.

your wife IS awesome! Very nice toys. I cant blame her for buying that mini 30! Lady has good taste. Your a lucky man.

You need to keep her M88. If I ever here you are leaving her you lose your man card for good . Nice looking weapons . Can she talk to my ole lady and influence her to get me one ?

I had one with the M-14 style flash hider w/bayonet lug and it looked great and was very easy to install too, just slipped on and a roll pin set it in place. I say go for it.

You need to keep her M88. If I ever here you are leaving her you lose your man card for good . Nice looking weapons . Can she talk to my ole lady and influence her to get me one ?

We've been together going on 14 years now. I don't see us splitting up anytime soon.

Her reasoning for getting the Mini 30 is that she wanted something with comparable power to my .30-30, that was magazine fed, and that she could customize. We were at the Firing Line in Kennesaw and I showed her the Mini 14 that I've been telling her she could get me which was right behind the Mini 30. When she saw the 30 she asked to see it and as soon as she felt how light it was and how smooth the action was she was sold. Ultimately, she want's to have the stock hydro-coated with some kind of girly design. This is not surprising as she already has a pink .38 Special. Her dad almost came unglued when she told him what she wanted to do to it. But, he calmed down when I explained to him that:
A. It doesn't matter what the gun looks like as long as she likes shooting it.
B. It's still going to ruin your day if you get shot by it.
C. Can you imagine being the criminal that has to explain to the other guys in jail that he got shot with a pink gun with butterflies and flowers on it?!

Anyway, she likes to shoot, but she's still a girl and likes girly things. I don't have a problem with it as long as she can handle the weapon and is happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom