• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new piece of paradise

Good looking land. I tell you what I will do for you. I will hunt it for you this year and place all your stands and find you the best spots. Then next year you will be ready to hunt with no work for you to do.;)
lol yeah we'll go with that and it is really hilly the on ridge that is clear cut on one side is huge and alot of traffic at the bottom of the draw there and creek that runs through it

Got a food plot put in in a clearing at the top of the the long ridge just up from the creek yesterday and the cameras out on a few of the roads where there were alot of sign put a lil c'mere deer out first time trying it looking forward to see how it draws em in

Good luck.

take a buddy and share the profits.

Scouting is gonna be your friend.

I like to set up about 30 yards from secondary trails that shadow the main deer trails and this is where I see the bucks come through for the most part....usually early dawn and twilight.

I also like to set up near pinch points and funnels where different trails come together or different types of terrain flow into each other.
There I like to set up in a climber 20-30 yards from a main or secondary trail.

If there are more spots like this I like to invite a friend or two to take advantage of those spots and we share the proceeds together.
Sometimes one of us will walk around and try to kick one up for the other guy.

Your next step should be to get a detailed TOPO map of the area. That in combination with the areal pic will help you narrow down the search.

Back
Top Bottom