• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new piece of paradise

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
This is the largest stretch ive ever had to hunt and deer sign is everywhere but different than hunting fields and flat timber u guys see any terrain features i might want to exploit? Stand placement Ideas, etc...

Attachments

• la.jpg
    la.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
Really hard to pick stand locations from an aerial. But you can get a general idea as to where to scout. Not knowing the actual boundary lines, I'd look at placing where two types of terrain meet and transition. I'd look where density changes and the relation of food source to bedding areas. Also study the property around you and try to figure out how your property plays a role in the deer day to day activity. Just because you may not have a huge corn field or thick bedding area, doesn't mean you can't set up on trails on your land that lead to them. Good luck and stay safe

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_03_5ydudu9y.jpg
should be a good draw to the bottom of the hill? I'd say get high enough to see to the right side of the pic and down in the bottom?

Really hard to pick stand locations from an aerial. But you can get a general idea as to where to scout. Not knowing the actual boundary lines, I'd look at placing where two types of terrain meet and transition. I'd look where density changes and the relation of food source to bedding areas. Also study the property around you and try to figure out how your property plays a role in the deer day to day activity. Just because you may not have a huge corn field or thick bedding area, doesn't mean you can't set up on trails on your land that lead to them. Good luck and stay safe

Agree 100%

Good looking land. I tell you what I will do for you. I will hunt it for you this year and place all your stands and find you the best spots. Then next year you will be ready to hunt with no work for you to do.;)

Back
Top Bottom