My new CZ P07

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   0
Reaction score
CZ P07 review

I ordered my P07 from Grabagun (I could only find the larger P09 locally) last week and it was delivered to Cherokee Gun and Pawn on Tuesday. Sadly I had to fly out for work before it was ready for pickup, so I made my way there this morning and was waiting when they opened!

For those of you that have never ordered from Grabagun before, I've found their pricing to be outstanding and their service is just as good. I've purchased a few firearms from them and they're usually at my FFL within 4-5 business days.

Initial thoughts:

Upon opening my new CZ P07 (#91086) I was a bit shocked to see it still had the lanyard loop from the older P07 DUTY (#91186). My guess is they still have some of these parts remaining and they're getting intermittently used on the newer guns. I'll contact CZ on Monday to see about getting the newer part or just cut the loop off (it's polymer).

This one included 3 dot sights and 2 15rd magazines. A basic cleaning rod and brush were enclosed along with a cable lock.

The trigger is amazing. Not at all what you'd expect on a sub-$500 pistol. The double action pull has a nice weight to it and it's glassy smooth. The single action pull has a nice crisp break with just a bit of noticeable creep which pairs with the light pull perfectly. I think it's even better than my CZ75 SA. The decocker control is perfectly placed and easy to operate.

The P07 (and P09) models come with a decocker installed, but also include the parts to swap the gun out to a safety only.

My choice for this gun was to replace the decocker with the safety and carry as a single action gun with safety.

A video is available on CZ USA's YouTube page showing this process. Following the video, I found it to be quite easy and the swap out was complete in 2-3 minutes. I find the safety lever to be slightly small - I wish there was a bit more to grab hold of, but it's reasonably easy to operate as is and has a nice "click" to it.

The new P07 models include replaceable backstraps. The smallest one comes pre-installed. I found it quite easy to swap the backstraps and found my comfort zone with the medium backstrap.

The magazine release is very easy to operate and appears to be reversible. A nice touch.

Fit and finish on the gun are as expected. Nice and tight slide to frame fit. Recoil spring feels quite stout. I noticed a bit of wear to the slide stop from basic manipulation - I'll have to keep an eye on that.

It's all cleaned up and ready to hit the range. I'll get around to that later this week and will post a follow up with my thoughts on it range performance.

[Broken External Image]:

----- Range Update -----

I fired 150 rounds through the P07 today:
- 100rds Blazer Brass (115gr)
- 50rds Independence (115gr)

All rounds fired and ejected as expected.

I had several occurrences of the slide failing to lock open on an empty magazine. This could have been due to a couple of issues:
- new gun, tight recoil springs
- lightly loaded ball ammo
- my grip on a new firearm

This issue decreased the more I fired, so I suspect it will work itself out with usage.

Also worth noting, the grip surface along the upper frame wore a blister on my support hand thumb after 30-40 rounds. I found positioning my thumb a but lower allowed just as much control, but no pain from abrasion.

I outfitted my P07 with the thumb safety, since this gun was the replacement for my Rock Island 1911. I found the thumb safety easy to operate and the trigger was great.

I took a few photos of my first 50 rounds and then got in to shooting and did not take any of the last 100 rounds. All of the shots were from 7 yards and the groups tightened up for the 2nd box of ammo (as I was becoming accustomed to the trigger) and loosened up a bit on the last box as i began to fatigue a bit.

This one is outfitted with the #3 front sight and I found it works best with a 6 o'clock hold (as you can see with my high shots)

- First 10 shots -
[Broken External Image]:

- Next 40 shots -
[Broken External Image]:

- Closeup of last 5 shots (I was aiming at the 8 ) -
[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
I rotate out between my Rami and P07 for EDC. I absolutely love my P07. Took it to the range and let my buddy shoot it and the P09 since he doesn't own any CZ's and the trigger on the P07 caused a couple double taps because the trigger pull is so light he didn't expect it to squeeze so easily.

Prices are up because CZ tends to import in batches not replenish suppliers constantly.

Buds sells a P01 for $540 while here it's $650 for some odd reason. A CZ75 Compact is $431 at Buds now. Here....it's $550 on average.

If anything, outside of ODT the prices are much less.

Oh believe me i watch ODT, GunBroker, Buds, Armslist, Grab a Gun, Gallery of Guns it's few and far between when a truly good deal pops up.

Back
Top Bottom