• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My funny seizure story

ckarr

Bear Icon
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
So. Monday was a normal day. Busy and was at my last patients house for the day before meeting the kids to coach wrestling practice. I do home health physical therapy by the way. I was at a patients house. Just took vitals and started having odd flashing in my vision and feeling every hot. I thought it may go away so we kept working. But then I told him I needed to go outside and get some fresh air. I stood there for a minute then he told me to sit down in the swing. He walked back in and said he heard a big thud on the porch. So I had fallen down, bit my tongue and was having a grand mal seizure. He turned me over because I was turning blue to open my airway and was bleeding out of my mouth from biting my tongue. Then he said I came to. All of this part I have no memory until I was in yard about to get to the ambulance. So I got up from the porch, grabbed a water gun laying there and began to point it at the patient. He said I looked really scared. I took off running down the stairs and fell at the end. Was several steps. Got up and took off running up the driveway and was then pointing the gun at the cops and emts ‍♂️♂️. I slowly came to after falling again at the top of their driveway.

my ct scan and labs were all clear. Md thinks I may never have another one. I guess I have the fight mechanism and not flight. I’m halfway curious if this is from Covid honestly as I was diagnosed back in December. Anyone ever have any crazy thing like this happen? This was my first and hopefully last.

Didn't see a funny part in the story. Could have been your first
& last seizure if pointing even a toy gun at first responders.
Who got there so fast yet allowed you to leave the porch,
fall down stairs, run around the yard as they apparently
(as told) waited for you by the ambulance. Glad you're
okay but definitely an unusual grand mal even for a Monday

Back
Top Bottom