• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My front sight post is missing a pin and is offset? WTF need some help

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Okay A2 20 Inch HBAR Colt Upper and Barrel. It has a A2 Style Front Sight Post and the pin nearest to the handguard- is missing, and if you look through the hole where the pin is supposed to be you can see the barrel and the holes are offset. However, the pin nearest the barrel is completely in and pinned. What is the fix? and how the **** did this happen?

Pics Below 20130114_195744.jpg20130114_195759.jpg20130114_195817.jpg

My best advice would be to take it to a gunsmith. My buddy took his AR to Big Woods Goods to have a free float rail installed. They replaced the entire gas block with a low profile unit and installed the free float rail, barrel nut, etc. I think they charged him $75 but it looks perfect. It looks like it came from the factory that way. I can't imagine they'd charge very much to fix your issue.

Should I buy the parts he'll need and then take it to big woods goods? Like a new gas block tube and pin? I live very close by. Ill drop is buy this week.

Well, from Kennesaw, you're not too far away. If it was me, I'd just take it up there and ask them to fix it or get an estimate. Maybe they can just replace the pin. From the picture it doesn't look like your sight/gas block needs to be replaced.

I wouldn't buy any parts until they've looked at it. I'm sure they have all kinds of specialized tools that the average person won't have and lots of common parts.

I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom