• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first deer

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
At the ripe middle age of 31, I took down my first deer today. Switched to a ground blind when the rain started today and caught this guy walking through the woods around 5:30. I don’t think that my heart stopped pounding for almost an hour after I shot him. Back at it again tomorrow AM!

Attachments

• 46C1CC92-D4F2-4B76-8BA7-E88E6ECB9D54.jpeg
    46C1CC92-D4F2-4B76-8BA7-E88E6ECB9D54.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 42EE0DCB-5820-4C25-8E52-6DEB9DFC2A63.jpeg
    42EE0DCB-5820-4C25-8E52-6DEB9DFC2A63.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 191
You will never ever forget your first DEER HARVEST, the beating heart, the different thoughts you had while everything including the emotions, the talking to yourself to calm down, breathe, concentrate on the shot spot, and steady yourself, and the minute you allowed the shot to be made and how you felt when you saw the target was hit. Then doubt setting in as the question to yourself, did I really hit it, and then tracking it and finally finding the animal and the second rush of adrenaline starts going through your body, and really knowing what an adrenaline rush felt like with breathing, the excitement and sense of accomplishment felt like.

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS, and now you are hooked for life, CONGRATS...

You will never ever forget your first DEER HARVEST, the beating heart, the different thoughts you had while everything including the emotions, the talking to yourself to calm down, breathe, concentrate on the shot spot, and steady yourself, and the minute you allowed the shot to be made and how you felt when you saw the target was hit. Then doubt setting in as the question to yourself, did I really hit it, and then tracking it and finally finding the animal and the second rush of adrenaline starts going through your body, and really knowing what an adrenaline rush felt like with breathing, the excitement and sense of accomplishment felt like.

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS, and now you are hooked for life, CONGRATS...
Sounds like the first time I got laid.

Back
Top Bottom