• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My crowbuster is busted.....

So, y’all are the ones responsible for the downed power lines?
Never, not once. It was about a 75yd shot with 12X glass. Can't remember if it was more or less expensive than the rifle, though. It was somewhere between Nightforce and NCStar I'm pretty sure.

.22-250 shoots super flat. Hold on the breast, break the trigger, bird go pooof.

Been wanting to get into a pcp rifle, would get the compressor as well, already have an old scuba tank somewhere, used as a regular air tank on the farm. Only use it at 60 or 80 psi though.

Currently use air rifle and suppressed 22 for tree rats, crows, and woodpeckers.

Well I received the parts Saturday and finally got around to installing them today. So easy I didn't feel the need to take pictures. Tip: Use a dental pick to get the old o-rings off the cartridge, lube the new rings with silicone grease and you'll be good to go. Easy to follow instructions came with the parts kit.

My 30+ year old o-rings had become hard and brittle in two cases. I did find the little plastic piece too that was stuck inside the cartridge but replaced it with new since I had everything taken apart anyway.

The target is my first shot after reassembly at 25 paces (about 23 yards for me) so I'm ready for the cawing bastards now!
20230425_185832.jpg

Attachments

• 20230425_174603.jpg
    20230425_174603.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 6
So, y’all are the ones responsible for the downed power lines?

Florida Power & Light probably STILL HAS a Bounty on my ass for one PARTICULAR crow I kilt on one of their power lines 45 or so years ago in rural NW Dade County...120 yard shot with a Winchester 670 in .30-06 & a 4x Weaver Marksman Scope...Crosshairs subtended a little more than the whole crow's body at that distance, so I used a little "Kentucky Elevation"--Apparently NOT ENOUGH, LOL! At the shot, heard this God-awful loud "Twang!" noise & saw the crow BLOW UP in a "Puff" of blue vapor--Which is NOT what a 180-gr. Core Lokt usually did to a crow...

Looking thru the Scope at the point of aim, I saw two strands of the nine stand cable still holding--The rest were frayed on either side--And there was this strange ''Zzzt--Zzzt!" sound coming from the cable...

Figured out pretty quick that my shot went a coupla' inches LOW, the Core-Lokt had hit the POWER LINE & DISINTEGRATED, with "Shrapnel" from said disintegration taking out the crow...We packed up & made a hasty RETREAT, but I did learn from that experience...

Anyone know of anyone that works on air rifles? I have a Crosman 39PA .22 cal (5.5mm) that has been hell on crows and today one of the cheeky bastards alighted on a pine in the front yard as I was bagging straw. I slowly walked into the house and retrieved my rifle and drew a bead on him, pressed the trigger and PPPHLLFFTTTT.......Sounded like I imagine Whoopy Goldberg's farts sound like. The damned bird flew off LAUGHING at ME!

Now, when I try to pump the rifle there's no resistance when the cup slides back into the tube. It won't build pressure.

Is it worth fixing or should I just switch to a suppressed .22? I like the pellets because I'm shooting up into the tree, they weigh almost nothing and I'm in a residential neighborhood.
Crows love to laugh at your pain.

Just take the thing apart and be organized on the parts layout. Same way I go about fixing a 1950 shotgun. They are relatively simple. If time is an issue a few hundred bucks will buy a pellet gun with the same velocity as a 22LR standard velocity round. 1650 fps. Out of some. 177 pellets. Use the same tech.thr AR uses. Small round high velocity.

Back
Top Bottom