• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My bucks are gone

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
Not panicking or anything but am a little curious its never happened for this long before for the last week and a half havent seen a single buck on trail cam they are running in their bachelor groups right now and was seeing them every night and then boom gone the does are in the plots daily but the bucks have vanished i was thinking maybe the heat had them staying deep in but the last two days its been cooler and checked the cams tonight nothing. What might have them roaming? none of the neighbors are hunters so no major food supplies near by and other than natural forage

Last edited:
Could your camera checking be running them off? (Serious - not being a SA...)

im checking about once every 5 days and all are easy access along the plots and tonight i ran to another property to check one wasnt gone 15 mins and a doe was in my front plot as i came back in so i dont think so

I like to let my cams sit at least 2 weeks in between checking. I was chasing a big buck and got anxious and started checking to much at least once a week and he got gone. I would have him on camera everyday till I would check it and he stay gone for about a week. After I let them sit for a while he would come back. I started wear rubber gloves and boots in after that and had no problems.

I like to let my cams sit at least 2 weeks in between checking. I was chasing a big buck and got anxious and started checking to much at least once a week and he got gone. I would have him on camera everyday till I would check it and he stay gone for about a week. After I let them sit for a while he would come back. I started wear rubber gloves and boots in after that and had no problems.

im going to give that a try and see if it pays off maybe thats what it is but theyve never done this before

Mine is still around

big buck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom