• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 got new Michelin Pilot 4S tires

So you get a discount by using them?
I bought for $100 less per tire (+ tax) than I could get anywhere else. The local store only had the fronts in stock. He arranged to get them the rears in two days. Those were date coded this month (fronts were dated 6 months ago).

I checked the wheel lugs torque which were on spec (I've seen other places screw this up). Two tires were 1 lb, off on air pressure.

I bought for $100 less per tire (+ tax) than I could get anywhere else. The local store only had the fronts in stock. He arranged to get them the rears in two days. Those were date coded this month (fronts were dated 6 months ago).

I checked the wheel lugs torque which were on spec (I've seen other places screw this up). Two tires were 1 lb, off on air pressure.
Yea, I've gotten to where I just take the wheels off at home and then put them back on myself. Can't get people to do it like I want anymore. They don't get the air pressure and way over torque them. Then if you have a flat away from home, you can't get the tire off the vehicle. I use what ever air pressure that makes the tire wear even all the way across the tire

in for more info on the sponsor. How does that work?
Tire rack used to sponsor for SCCA auto-x racers, last time I competed was over 10 years ago, but they likely do it still.

I’m not sure if speedventures is around either, but I’ve gotten partial sponsors from Toyo off them before as well. Still expensive for r-comps though.

If you’re just some random joe with a high horsepower, hot rodding all over the street like an a-hole, companies will actually sponsor if you fill out an app.

I got exact same wheels and tires on my 19 gt and love them. Only problem is with 626 rwhp the do tend to
SPIN and in the rain, oh so SCAREY.
Horsepower doesn’t spin tires, torque does. With that kinda power though, I’m sure you’re supercharged probably in the 800’s with torque.

It’s like that joke, what’s a 400hp Supra have in common with a 1000hp Supra? They both run 12’s

Yea, I've gotten to where I just take the wheels off at home and then put them back on myself. Can't get people to do it like I want anymore. They don't get the air pressure and way over torque them. Then if you have a flat away from home, you can't get the tire off the vehicle. I use what ever air pressure that makes the tire wear even all the way across the tire
I don't have enough energy to take the wheel off and then put it back on. I just loosen the lugs and then tight them back (rotating every other one). I use a small little dab of anti-seize on the nuts to keep it from bonding (rust, and/or the heat cycles from the brakes).

I just call a wrecker if I have a flat since none of my cars have a spare. I have them unload the car in my driveway and remove the wheel/tire. The new tires are under warranty for punctures.

I use a tire temperature device to be sure the same temperature across the wheel after a drive. If the middle is hot-decrease the pressure. If the sides are hot-increase the pressure (in small steps of up to 2 lbs.).

Tire rack used to sponsor for SCCA auto-x racers, last time I competed was over 10 years ago, but they likely do it still.

I have used Tire Rack The older employees quit and new guys came in. I am was then treated as a rookie by the new crew.

I was a vintage racer for years. I had a truck, a trailer, and a car. That's over 12 tires to just get to the track. The new guy said no so I moved on.

VDCA1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom