• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 10ga SBS project- COMPLETED! VIDEO

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
Just finished "bobbing" the stock and forarm area. This will be a monster! the barrel (Heavy) only sticks out 1/16" from the front "grip". Barrel is out getting crowned as I type. Starting the leather holster this weekend.
This is how it started:
pix786934858.jpg
Cut down and sanded:
shot2.jpg
going pirate style:
1414357912487.jpg
Just engraved:

20141124_190810.jpg

My range only allows slugs....enjoy
[video=youtube_share;mAfBMFxqCKU]http://youtu.be/mAfBMFxqCKU[/video]

Last edited:
Just finished "bobbing" the stock and forarm area. This will be a monster! the barrel (Heavy) only sticks out 1/16" from the front "grip". Barrel is out getting crowned as I type.
View attachment 318494

On another note...I am also building a registered DD 16" Rifled 10ga barrel that will fire homemade cast .78cal FMJ out of brass shells shown above. 10GA rifle from hell.

Here was my first shotgun build as a 8yr old
View attachment 318495
Ill say a prayer for you

It really shoudlnt be too much worse than a 12ga....in fact it should be lighter recoil in the case of the SBS... the barrel doesnt have enough length to give very much back pressure. For the sake of not building something unmanageable, however, I did take her out and shoot skeet at my friends, with the long barrel. I shot a couple rounds one handed. there wasnt much difference than a 12 ga. I shoot this one regularly one handed just for fun at my buddies house (18.5in BBL / 26 OAL):
shot3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom