• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Monarch .223 ammo

Lineman73

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
I saw this stuff at Academy Sports in Athens, GA a few weeks ago. It caught my attention because it was 55 grain FMJ, steel cased .223 ammo for $2.99 for each box of 20. I had never used steel cased ammo in my M&P 15 before. I picked up one box just to see if my AR would digest it. :confused:

I put it up against PMC 55 grain FMJ ammo that I had picked up previously for $6.99 a box. That was the cheapest I had seen up to this point. Well, long story short, the Monarch ammo shot just as well as the PMC and my M&P 15 ate it up without a single hitch. :cheer2:

For range work, bumming around the woods and maybe bumping off a coyote or two, this stuff will get the job done.

BTW, they just opened a new Academy store in Snellville on Scenic Hwy. Pick the spot closest to you, give your wallet a break and enjoy more bang for your buck!!:boom:

Last edited:
I have shot the Monarch 223 fmj as well. The boxes I bought was all marked Wolf. It shoots pretty well in my Savage tactical too. Cheapest I have been able to buy was 3.99/bx though.

Back
Top Bottom