• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mold Issue

Bleach is fine for tubs and non porous surfaces. It can be used on wood but the mold immediately detects the threat of bleach and it actually retreats deeper into the wood.

For some reason the vinegar kills the bleach and penetrates to where the mold retreats…

Trust me there are other ways that are more expensive and get clearance letters, for your small area, vinegar is the ticket

I used hydrogen peroxide tonight for my first cleaning. I'm going to give it a better cleaning this weekend. Luckily there appears to be minimal damage to the wood that's there. And the moisture issue is an easy fix.

Dollar general’s mold and mildew spray works fantastic. Takes a couple of applications and a few days but it kills completely, dries it out and in my bathroom experience left the moldy sub floor looking new. Good luck 👍

Hire a pro. Mold is dangerous. Hydrogen peroxide will kill it but also releases spores in the air. Pros will put up plastic and direct the air out of your house so there is no spores in the air. Mold can make you sick or kill you.

Yep, once I cleaned off the surface mold it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Cleaned it really good and soaked it a few times with 30 percent vinegar. I then put a hard cap on the pipe and painted the area with a couple coats of kilz.

Back
Top Bottom