• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Michael Prater customs

westgajohn

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
Guys, my wife got me a trapper with a certificate of authentication from Hen & Rooster I think. Says it is a limited edition Micheal Prater custom. I'm a novice at best, but I'm not under the impression that the knife is rare, I'm just looking for more info on it. I plan on carrying it after I get it for Christmas. Thank you guys.

John,

What you have is not a custom knife. Hen and Rooster bought the rights to create factory reproductions of a design by or in conjunction with Michael Prater. You are correct it is not rare. Check out eBay, they have several Prater H&R knives for sale. It is common for factories to lead (mislead) potential customers with the maker's name and then ad the word custom. There is nothing custom out a mass-produced (in the thousands) factory knife. Good hunting

Its a trapper and will give you many years of use. I have some that are 40/50 years old.Case,Schrade, and other makes.

Guys, my wife got me a trapper with a certificate of authentication from Hen & Rooster I think. Says it is a limited edition Micheal Prater custom. I'm a novice at best, but I'm not under the impression that the knife is rare, I'm just looking for more info on it. I plan on carrying it after I get it for Christmas. Thank you guys.
GOGGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

Back
Top Bottom