• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Medicine shortage?

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
I've been coming down with the crud the last few days and finally decided to hit up the CVS down the street for some cold/flu OTC meds, cough drops, that kind of stuff. They were out of everything but the liquid NyQuil. Not even cough drops in stock. I asked the manager if they've had a lot of sick people buying everything up, he said no, they just haven't been getting anything in much lately, and when they do it's not much. He said it's a manufacturer shortage on a lot of those over the counter meds, and that the children's stuff is even worse.

Ended up going to the grocery store and they were just as low on stock but at least had some cough drops, although not the kind I like. I didn't bother checking anywhere else. Anybody else noticed this? I hadn't heard any news on this lately.

I've been coming down with the crud the last few days and finally decided to hit up the CVS down the street for some cold/flu OTC meds, cough drops, that kind of stuff. They were out of everything but the liquid NyQuil. Not even cough drops in stock. I asked the manager if they've had a lot of sick people buying everything up, he said no, they just haven't been getting anything in much lately, and when they do it's not much. He said it's a manufacturer shortage on a lot of those over the counter meds, and that the children's stuff is even worse.

Ended up going to the grocery store and they were just as low on stock but at least had some cough drops, although not the kind I like. I didn't bother checking anywhere else. Anybody else noticed this? I hadn't heard any news on this lately.
Yes. Kroger hasn’t had much and they put a sign out limit 4. Walgreens had but they were double the price of everywhere else. Baby Tylenol is tough to get.

China owns us and it’s getting worse. $7.25 for 18 eggs? $6 a gallon for orange juice?

That's crazy. I guess I hadn't noticed, haven't been sick in a while and neither have the kids. Guess I should have been stocking up for cold/flu season but hindsight and all that.

I found a drink recipe called "Winter Wonderland" which called for white chocolate liqueur.

Went to five different liquor stores and none had any.

Same thing or nah?
Well, I did end up doing a bourbon/honey combo to help my throat out last night. Problem is it wore off by around 2am. I'll have to look for this white chocolate liqueur...

Don't know where everyone is shopping, but I picked up 24 cage-free eggs day before yesterday at Costco for a little over $6. I'd say that's about $3.25 a dozen, which isn't bad.
20221228_161051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom