Medicare in Georgia?

Bushwick100

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
320   0
Reaction score
I'm retired military but at 65 years old, I will be dropped by Tri-Care. I need to know how much is it to be on Medicare? Is there a Co-Pay in Georgia? What sucks about Medicare in Georgia? Any Help would be appreciated. I still will have VA, since I'm 100% disabled. Thank You

Why would you be dropped by tricare? My father is retired and only 30% disabled and he and my mom still get tricare at ages 85 and 88. Actually they have medicare but tricare is their primary and medicare picks up the rest (or maybe the other way around). They pay nothing but the monthly medicare amount that is deducted from the SS checks.

Why would you be dropped by tricare? My father is retired and only 30% disabled and he and my mom still get tricare at ages 85 and 88. Actually they have medicare but tricare is their primary and medicare picks up the rest (or maybe the other way around). They pay nothing but the monthly medicare amount that is deducted from the SS checks.
That’s what I was briefed at my retirement

Make sure you enroll in Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). I don't pay anything for Part A. The monthly premium for Part B, $148.50, is deducted from my Social Security payment.

If you are a military retiree, whatever Tricare you currently have will automatically convert to Tricare For Life (TFL). TFL is free (you earned it) and is secondary to Medicare. Your spouse (if you have one) will continue on their current Tricare plan at the single rate.

I recommend having the VA fill all prescriptions. If you're rated at 100 percent, it shouldn't cost you anything. Otherwise, go with Express Scripts. A 90 day supply of meds is inexpensive.

I have a VA primary care provider and a civilian provider. I make sure they get each other's lab results, but the VA doctor fills the prescriptions. It's not double dipping. You earned it and paid for it. As you get older, especially if you have complications from military service, it pays to get second opinions.

Why would you be dropped by tricare? My father is retired and only 30% disabled and he and my mom still get tricare at ages 85 and 88. Actually they have medicare but tricare is their primary and medicare picks up the rest (or maybe the other way around). They pay nothing but the monthly medicare

Back
Top Bottom