Man electrocuted after jumping into Lake Lanier...

Article says the lake house was 3yrs old and power installed by licensed electrician.

If a hot wire somehow made it to the water wouldn't the panel breaker have tripped?

Article says the lake house was 3yrs old and power installed by licensed electrician.

If a hot wire somehow made it to the water wouldn't the panel breaker have tripped?
A lot of folks don't do this, but I always use a GFI breaker and also anything out side I use a GFI receptacle also. Most of all use correct size breaker also. A life is not worth a risk. I did not put power at my Dock for this reason, I do have solar power though.

Would not want to be that electrician. Its not always a GFCI outlet issue. Sometimes the feeder to the dock is not code. Electricity and water is complicated. Hoping it wasn't a "mod" made by a well intended person to "keep the power working".

In addition to the electrocution drowning there were 2 other drownings at lanier over the weekend, A man jumped off a pontoon boat near the dam and never resurfaced and a guy pushed a boat off a beach then tried to swim to get in and went under. The body of the first was recovered but they are still searching for the second. Rough weekend at the lake.

Back
Top Bottom