• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Make your own mag extensions!!

drsmile

Default rank <2000 posts Sponsor
Master Extractor
162   0
Reaction score
So darn 22 pistol mags are always limited to 10 rds. Not anymore! A little ingenuity, some dental acrylic, vaseline, and a dental drill - and voila. 15rd mags (well an extension at least). Just have to fine tune contours and paint. A doublestack STI frameand an Advantage Arms target slide just seemed worthy of more than 10 rd mags.
Works fine - now all I need to do is make a putty mould, and I can duplicate these!!

i1159.photobucket.com_albums_p627_dmdga_B9035C98_1407_42FE_835dc7ae0fed1b1eff7aa6a313f2f0a095d.jpg

i1159.photobucket.com_albums_p627_dmdga_0D31A8AE_4B8F_4D21_9D3ac86c9e3b04dbe1721aec4aeb52a8c7d.jpg

Yes but only after eating 500 rds of Federal, got to get the carbon out from in between. :brushteeth:

Acrylic is atually old school - cost was only about 5$ in material.

So what your saying is $1000 for dentures is way over priced? Lol.

I guess I will keep going to the candy machine and getting chiclets for teeth lol

Not too shabby! The Glock AA reduced (10 round) magazines can be modified to accept 15 rounds without an extension, with an extension? The spring may be too short for the Glock AA.

How many rounds does modification grant?

Not too shabby! The Glock AA reduced (10 round) magazines can be modified to accept 15 rounds without an extension, with an extension? The spring may be too short for the Glock AA.

How many rounds does modification grant?

I figure shortening the spring pin on the follower and at the base by 1/8' will give 2 rds and still have plenty of bite on the spring. The extension added 5. Beyond that I fear a longer spring would be needed. I'm good with 15, so I'm not going to push much beyond what I have done. wwboater simply replaced the bottom spring pin with the red blackdog mag bottom spring clip and added a few round capacity to his. My double stack 40 and 45 2011's all have 140mm mags, so I was just trying to stay consistent in my mag lengths for esthetics.

Back
Top Bottom