• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

make my gun look better

Mike1513

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
hello all, i am new here. i was a big time hunter back 20 years ago but found myself wanting to get back into it this year, i have a older H&R
(marlin) 30/30. i would like to put a new camo stock on it and grip. how to i go about finding one that will fit? im also going to get a scope for it very soon. its just a single shot but want to make it look new....lol. have put alot of meat in the freezer with this and not ready to retire it just yet, thanks for any help!

thanks, still not to sure what to look for, will all marlin stocks fit on this? here is the gun.

i1133.photobucket.com_albums_m597_miketdaniels_gun1.jpg

From what I can see in the photo the gun looks great! If you just want to refresh it why not sand and refinish the wood furniture and get the metal bits refinished? Personally, if you're just wanting the camo look I'd do it to a different rifle... seems sad to do it to this one. My opinion...

From what I can see in the photo the gun looks great! If you just want to refresh it why not sand and refinish the wood furniture and get the metal bits refinished? Personally, if you're just wanting the camo look I'd do it to a different rifle... seems sad to do it to this one. My opinion...

thats exactly what i ended up doing, it turned out very nice.

Attachments

• Picture 143.jpg
    Picture 143.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 144.jpg
    Picture 144.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 21
Welcome aboard. From the looks of your work, you are gonna fit in just fine.

thank you very much, i take pride in everything i do, im kinda picky. im not sure what that gun was worth its a model 058 30/30, i traded it today for a brand new savage 30.06. i was told my 30/30 was worth maybe 140.00 (felt like more after i was done with it)

Attachments

• Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom