Made a Memory This Weekend.

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
My son was born with 7th nerve palsy(very similar to bells palsy). He is 11 years old now. In most cases most of the side affected covers that side of the body(limbs...etc). He has only about 3 inches of area on his face that he cannot control muscularly. The side affected has affected his vision and the little man has worn glasses since he was in a diaper almost. Otherwise he is a healthy and normal functioning young man. I took him hog hunting this weekend with his youth .243. He has not taken an animal yet since he has hunted with me(about 4 years now). I have worked with him and his weak eye on shooting and tried to determine how clearly he sees thru his scope. To make a long story short, I had doubts about how well he was seeing thru the scope (though he hits a pieplate at 50 yards pretty regular). His vision is 20/60 in the bad eye without the glasses. He shouldered his rifle this morning at 8:33 a.m. and took his first animal, a very nice hog. I did not let him see dad's eyes watering when I saw the shot hit its mark and the expression on his face. I silently said a prayer of thankfulness for God giving this young man to my wife and I, he is truly remarkable, intelligent and does not know he has any limitations. I will take this memory to my grave and I have one excited little hunter who is already talking about this Fall and deer season. Just had to share this as I was about to bust when we got home! God Bless Brothers!

Attachments

• Will's hog hunt 015.jpg
    Will's hog hunt 015.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Will's hog hunt 019.jpg
    Will's hog hunt 019.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Funny looking deer!!!!!!! I'm sure it will be a memory that he will take to his grave!

Ps! Buy him another shirt!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom