• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M4SD II 5.56mm sound suppressors are finally here- pics inside

Griffin Armament

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
0   0
Reaction score
It took a long time but the M4SD II production run is done and the suppressors couldn't have turned out any better IMO. Thanks to all who've followed the development program. It's been a lot of work.

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Thanks guys- I appreciate the feedback. I'm deployed working in Iraq, and my business partners are working at home. I think the plan is to paint and ship the RSTA's also, and then there will be some shooting and a video. Given the length of time videos take to be put together it might be 2-3 weeks to edit and post a video. I'll post a video when we have one, but I wanted to let you know when that might happen.

We weren't able to get a table at SHOT show this year, but Evan and Nick are going to attend and I'm pumped for our first ever trip to SHOT- I hear SHOT is a great opportunity to meet industry people and we really need to do more of that.

We also have several items out for NTOA testing and approval, and plan to attend the NTOA show in fall 2013.

I don't think so, just because really our larger problem is going to be supplying market demand IMO.

We might make another video with a sound meter, but we did make prototypes that were exactly the same as these and they tested about 32DB reduction on a 14.5" M4 right next to a NT4 which tested about 29DB on the same gun with the same ammo. They are competitive. Human ear testing suggested they sound just slightly better than a KAC NT4, which is where they should be because the NT4 is 3DB louder which sounds like a lot, but to human ears 3DB is very close to (just noticeably better).

Evan and Nick are going to the SHOT show this year and Evan will bring some products to show people. I think we might sell out, and if we're lucky maybe we'll book a second run pre-sold to dealers. These are nice, and we really sweat blood for them. A lot of prototyping, design, and FEA hours went into trying to optimize these.

In 2013 we're also planning to bring out thread over brake mounted .223, .30, and .338LM suppressors that will be very cool- lighter than the top 1/3 of the Titanium market, at about 60% the cost, they will be a best in class value.

I don't think so, just because really our larger problem is going to be supplying market demand IMO.

We might make another video with a sound meter, but we did make prototypes that were exactly the same as these and they tested about 32DB reduction on a 14.5" M4 right next to a NT4 which tested about 29DB on the same gun with the same ammo. They are competitive. Human ear testing suggested they sound just slightly better than a KAC NT4, which is where they should be because the NT4 is 3DB louder which sounds like a lot, but to human ears 3DB is very close to (just noticeably better).

Evan and Nick are going to the SHOT show this year and Evan will bring some products to show people. I think we might sell out, and if we're lucky maybe we'll book a second run pre-sold to dealers. These are nice, and we really sweat blood for them. A lot of prototyping, design, and FEA hours went into trying to optimize these.

In 2013 we're also planning to bring out thread over brake mounted .223, .30, and .338LM suppressors that will be very cool- lighter than the top 1/3 of the Titanium market, at about 60% the cost, they will be a best in class value.

Well if the price is right, I'll take a look at these as my next can is a centerfire rifle can.

Back
Top Bottom