• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1941 Johnson!!!!!!!

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
IMG_1215.jpeg
IMG_1211.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg

Not here yet but have made a deal shipped my Walther AC44 G43 and cash.

Will give a range report when received

A few notes from the seller, not perfect but still an awesome unicorn!

This functioning and rare curio and relic in the "B" serial number block for these WWII rifles. It is a unique design and a good specimen with sling and bayonet. The rifle will be carefully packed. The Johnson holds 10 rounds of .30-06 that can be topped off at any time through the side "gate" on the starboard side of the barrel-shaped magazine. The rifle functions fine with Greek HXP, but I have not shot commercial rounds through the rifle.
Now for the "gripes" with this rifle. You can see the five roughly circular stock repairs on both sides of the main stock in the pictures above.
There is also an old repaired crack in the forward end of the stock right behind the magazine.
I had to replace the cut rear sight with a replica peep sight from Numrich. The finish on the sight helps highlight what may be the biggest "gripe" with the rifle - I believe the rifle to have been parkerized. One of the smaller "gripes" is that there is a mismatched screw holding the wooden fore-end to the front barrel shroud.
The bore photographs "dark", but it is in fine shape.

Back
Top Bottom