• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Love lost and found

scandmx5

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
30   0
Reaction score
I meant to post this yesterday, but a troll got in the way with it and I didn't have the time nor was in the mood.

6 years ago I bought my first bolt action deer rifle. You guessed it, Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag. It was the Wal-Mart edition that they had to order, but man was I proud of it and loved it dearly. I killed my first deer with that gun. I had it for a year or so, and did something stupid and sold it for something that was probably of no importance, but at the time I thought it was. After that I had a Savage, and Mossberg 30-06 and 7mm, but always missed my first gun. For the past few months, Mr. Tommy at Lock, Stock, and Barrel had one exactly like mine for sale, with some minor use marks on the stock, but was missing the scope and rings, his asking price was $70 more than what I bought it for NEW with a scope and rings, but...he went down on the price for me since I'm always there and don't mind doing work around the place for him. I shot it yesterday and Friday, and finally asked him to call the guy he got it from to see where that fellow got it from. 30 minutes later, he got a call back and apparently it went through 2 people, with the first getting it at the store I sold it to years ago. It made it's way around Coweta county, but it was my old gun! I now proudly own it again, and can't wait to get some more deer with it. This pretty much makes all my other (real) Model 70's useless as they're going to become safe queens lol. Just thought I'd share

Thats an awesome story...i keep thinking im going to run across one of my old firearms if i trade enough around here!

Well IDK, I think if I lived like in Fulton County or DeKalb it would be impossible to find again...but I live in a fairly rural area of Metro Atlanta, so I don't know if it was luck or what. I'd still pay double asking price for my father's Model 94 30-30 and the old Nylon 66

Great story! I wish I could find a few of my old ones I sold years ago. Like many, I hope I run across them on this site. Nothing yet, but I keep hoping. Congrats on getting yours back!

Another good reason to keep track of the serial numbers of all guns you have and had....You never know you might come across YOUR old gun but it may not look like how it did when you had it anymore... So far all of my "First" guns I have kept just for that reason, thought about trading them off a few times but didn't cause I knew someday i would miss them just because they were my First in whatever they were...

Back
Top Bottom