• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost my Uncle today

I am so sorry. It hurts, and will hurt forever.
We hurt for good people. More it hurts, better person he was.
Tell stories about him to his grand nieces and grand nephews. They need to know Uncle Bob.

We hurt for good people. More it hurts, better person he was.
There was a show on Broadway a couple of years ago called Peter and the Starcatcher. It was the prequel to Peter Pan and details how he became the boy who never grew up...anyways, Wendy's mother, Molly, is a young girl herself when she meets Peter and eventually has to leave him on Neverland. Well, they fall in love and when she has to leave him, her father tries to calm her by saying that eventually she will forget, move on, and it won't hurt anymore...she abruptly cuts him off and shouts at him "No! It's supposed to hurt! That's how you know it meant something." So much truth in that...

Sorry karlvv30 karlvv30 . I'll pour one out for Uncle Bob tonight.

I still hurt for Shelly, Dede still hurts for Jerry. It has been 3 and 5 years for us.
Your lucky you found each other and can love, understand and comfort each other..Time only gives you the opportunity to realize the hurt does not go away...Learning to deal with it, is the key! Alex you are a fine person and I consider you my friend!

There was a show on Broadway a couple of years ago called Peter and the Starcatcher. It was the prequel to Peter Pan and details how he became the boy who never grew up...anyways, Wendy's mother, Molly, is a young girl herself when she meets Peter and eventually has to leave him on Neverland. Well, they fall in love and when she has to leave him, her father tries to calm her by saying that eventually she will forget, move on, and it won't hurt anymore...she abruptly cuts him off and shouts at him "No! It's supposed to hurt! That's how you know it meant something." So much truth in that...

Sorry karlvv30 karlvv30 . I'll pour one out for Uncle Bob tonight.

Thanks bud. He is being buried in Tennessee so I'm driving up there Friday. I'm going to be a mess but I need to be there.

Back
Top Bottom