Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

This was a brand new gun sent to me for transfer, I didn't diagnose it more than this.

I just took the thing out the box to check the serial number and the rear pin slides right out.
Then notice when you press the mag release it just stuck.

I'm sure we could send any off the shelf M&P to Chad and he would find a metric **** ton of issues. Honestly have no doubt he would, the man is a menace.
Yep… he doesn’t limit his “autopsies “ to lower tier stuff. I believe Triarc was the worst out of spec bcg he ever did. Stuff happens with the best of em. I have a brand new, unfired Noveske bolt that was ‘matched’ to a barrel I bought (from Noveske). It’s a really cool paperweight and a good conversation starter. If it actually fit in a bolt carrier, I’d probably use it. But nope, it’s wildly out of spec. Chad wants it.

Yep… he doesn’t limit his “autopsies “ to lower tier stuff. I believe Triarc was the worst out of spec bcg he ever did. Stuff happens with the best of em. I have a brand new, unfired Noveske bolt that was ‘matched’ to a barrel I bought (from Noveske). It’s a really cool paperweight and a good conversation starter. If it actually fit in a bolt carrier, I’d probably use it. But nope, it’s wildly out of spec. Chad wants it.
Didn't he also cause a stir because he tore a KAC Sandcutter a new one?

Didn't he also cause a stir because he tore a KAC Sandcutter a new one?
I don’t think I saw that one. I did see him go over a stripped KAC blem lower. It was pretty bad. FCG holes were way too big. Takedown holes were too big…. It was bad enough that it shouldn’t have left their facility.

I always understood “blem” to mean cosmetic. This was beyond cosmetic.

I’d make Shep work for it. Take all the money you can get your hands on and head over to TruPrep. Plunk that stack down on the counter and demand to see the armorer. When he shows his face, make it rain on him and say “do your best without going over”. He’ll make it work.
I second that motion!

Show me a better build you can buy today for the same money and why? I'm not saying anyone can't, I'm genuinely interested in what others can come up with.

These FN CHF uppers from PSA are legit.

View attachment 5345580
BCM Uppers come with a free BCG right now.

Exactly. One or two screwed up parts doesn't mean the company doesn't generally make a pretty good product. I have had DD that would not chamber a round. It was a 6.8SPC and it bolt would not close on a go gauge. Sent it back for repair as it was brand new and when it came back would not cycle. Pin left out of the gas block. Does that mean all Daniel Defense are junk? No, just means somebody had a bad day. It happens to the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom