Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

Here's a lost I made of manufacturers for parts. Many of these companies also have their own complete rifles.

Receivers:
Aero Precision
Sons of Liberty Gun Works
BCM
LMT
Radian
LWRC
Zev

Lower Parts:
Modern Armory
Forward Control Designs
Sons Of Liber Gun Works
Sionics
BCM

Barrel:
Centurion
Criterion
BCM
Midwest Industries
FN
Rosco
Faxon
Ballistic Advantage
Aero Precision

Buffer and Spring:
BCM
Geissele
Sprinco

Handguard:
BCM
Midwest Industries
Geissele
Aero Precision

Bolt Carrier Group:
BCM
Radian
Knights Armament Company
AO Precision. AO Precision is not Aero Precision.
Expo Arms

Gas Block and Gas Tube:
BCM
Ballistic Advantage
Aero Precision
Geissele
Modern Armory
Sionics
Forward Control Designs

Aero Precision is typically the best receiver option, for keeping costs low.

Avoid Bear Creek Arsenal, Anderson, Springfield, newer DPMS, Omni, and any other polymer lower. Doubke check stuff that Palmetto State Armory assembles in-house.

Sons of Liberty Gun Works makes great stuff, excellent quality and quality control, and they give their stuff a lifetime warranty.
My God! Great list but the fella just trying to get into his first AR is going to read that and head straight over to the archery forum.

You know I read that on the internet occasionally but I have been selling them for near 10 years, literally sold thousands of them and to the best of my recollection I have had two come back with minor problems that I easily fixed right here, not to mention again they are life time warrantied.
I read that Jesus is coming soon on the internet too about 1978.....one can find anything they want to agree with on the internet. I have a PSA ar 15 and Mil Spec rifles are Military Specification built tools. My PSA runs just as good as my colt, my ruger(s), my diamond back and my savage and I almost forgot, my Smith and Wesson M & P 15......not a dimes worth of difference except for the dimes......

There is not a single part of this statement that is good advice. Impressive, almost making it to elite level.
savage_af_memes_10.jpg

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) can be okay, but with their quality control and assembly practices, getting something out of spec or badly assembled is more of a possibility.

SOLGW and BCM make excellent stuff, and can be found right around the $1,000 mark. If you are willing to wait and watch sales, they are absolutely worth it.

SOLGW also has an unmatched warranty. Their complete guns and parts have a lifetime warranty. If it doesn't work, they'll replace or repair it. Even if you puts tens of thousands of rounds through the barrel, and shoot out the rifling, they'll replace the barrel. They even warranty the parts that get worn under normal use.

Aero is decent, and are the bases of where to start for quality-per-dollar. However, it seems recently there may be issues with their parts. Issues such as blast media left in recivers, parts on the BCGs breaking, Issues with buffers, and so on.

My God! Great list but the fella just trying to get into his first AR is going to read that and head straight over to the archery forum.
Off that that list I could do a 1000 to 1200 build all day long. That's not surfing the net for sales. Remember if he builds he can take a little longer to complete the build.

Yeah, but figured that if people were going to spout out bad advice and bad parts, may as well try to rectify it. I would not advise that someone build their first AR. Buy a decent AR, optic, light, sling, train, and call it a day on it.

I read that Jesus is coming soon on the internet too about 1978.....one can find anything they want to agree with on the internet. I have a PSA ar 15 and Mil Spec rifles are Military Specification built tools. My PSA runs just as good as my colt, my ruger(s), my diamond back and my savage and I almost forgot, my Smith and Wesson M & P 15......not a dimes worth of difference except for the dimes......
And let's not forget that lifetime warranty, odd how they forget that part.

Back
Top Bottom