Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

FWIW I have the IWI Zion 15 in a 12.5" and I really love it. It was/is my first AR and I wanted to buy a complete one at first. Everyone who shoots it loves it. Please take is with a grain of salt as I have way less experience then everyone else that has replied so far. I have seen the 16" on sale for ~$700 now and then, so its in your range.

SOLGW would have been one of my recommendations on receivers for a build. Brownells has a great price on their receivers. I was looking at those just yesterday.

SOLGW will run sales on their patrol carbines at times, puts 'em below $900 for the complete gun.

Adam's Arms entry model short stroke piston gun can often be found on sale for $549 vs $799 list price at Rural King, Dothan Al is probably the closest store or RKguns online. It's probably the only adjustable gas block gun in this price range, 100% American made and if your in Florida they give a very nice tour if you call ahead.

Adam's, Radical, Bear Creek Arsenal are among the top of the crap Heap or the bottom of the dumpster! Take your pick. Other toss outs are Delton, Anderson and anything with a poly lower. Don't let me forget Davidson Defense, a real winner there with there ELD barrels, and ixnay anything with a Rosco Bloodline barrel.

Here's a lost I made of manufacturers for parts. Many of these companies also have their own complete rifles.

Receivers:
Aero Precision
Sons of Liberty Gun Works
BCM
LMT
Radian
LWRC
Zev

Lower Parts:
Modern Armory
Forward Control Designs
Sons Of Liber Gun Works
Sionics
BCM

Barrel:
Centurion
Criterion
BCM
Midwest Industries
FN
Rosco
Faxon
Ballistic Advantage
Aero Precision

Buffer and Spring:
BCM
Geissele
Sprinco

Handguard:
BCM
Midwest Industries
Geissele
Aero Precision

Bolt Carrier Group:
BCM
Radian
Knights Armament Company
AO Precision. AO Precision is not Aero Precision.
Expo Arms

Gas Block and Gas Tube:
BCM
Ballistic Advantage
Aero Precision
Geissele
Modern Armory
Sionics
Forward Control Designs

Aero Precision is typically the best receiver option, for keeping costs low.

Avoid Bear Creek Arsenal, Anderson, Springfield, newer DPMS, Omni, and any other polymer lower. Doubke check stuff that Palmetto State Armory assembles in-house.

Sons of Liberty Gun Works makes great stuff, excellent quality and quality control, and they give their stuff a lifetime warranty.

Back
Top Bottom