• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking for an opening day DOVE SHOOT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard from folks thAt have been!! It's SCARY!! Kind of like New Year's Eve !! All the amateurs out that day

Good luck. I've been looking for a top quality shoot for many years and have always been disappointed.....badly. I've got high hopes for the Rose Allen Plantation shoot. I will be trying it for the first time this year, but it's much further away than you say you want to travel. Probably around 2.5 to 3 hours from you.

We had good shoots every year in Taylor and Macon County when I hunted down there. If you want to see a lot of doves go where there is a lot of Agriculture.
Otherwise Joe Kurz WMA is usually a decent shoot. Last year it wasn't good at all but the 4 years prior it was good.

Good luck. I've been looking for a top quality shoot for many years and have always been disappointed.....badly. I've got high hopes for the Rose Allen Plantation shoot. I will be trying it for the first time this year, but it's much further away than you say you want to travel. Probably around 2.5 to 3 hours from you.
The sunflower field on your new tract of land ought to be productive.

I booked our spots yesterday for our annual dove hunt. This year he cut the limit of hunters by more than half he normally has out there. Last year was fun, but nothing like the year before. We could not load the guns fast enough, due to all the birds flying and us missing. We hunt close to SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom