• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for an electrician familiar with Chevys

Atlanta777

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Impala that is having electrical issues. The gauges will all simultaneously fall to zero at random time. It does not effect the performance ofthe car. After they fall to zero they will generally start working again but then my ABS light, Trac light stay on while the message screen flashes "battery" "security" and other codes.

If anyone has dealt with this or knows someone who is qualified to fix this for a reasonable price let me know, thanks

Last edited:
I saw those Ebay services and was a little skeptical if the services they provided handled this. Was the link on ebay the one you used? I saw a group here in GA advertising cluster services on Ebay.

I saw those Ebay services and was a little skeptical if the services they provided handled this. Was the link on ebay the one you used? I saw a group here in GA advertising cluster services on Ebay.

That's not the guy I used, I went back through my ebay and tried to find the one I used but it's been so long ago it wasn’t available. Just check out their feedback and insure the cluster for what a new one would cost ya in case it gets lost in shipping. I was skeptical as well, and also looked for someone local. But in the end, I just bit the bullet and shipped it off. The one I used, replaced every gauge motor, and tested all the other circuitry and replaced all the lights.

I second an instrument cluster. The solder joints on the terminals on the back of the cluster break and loose their connection with the main harness and cause an intermitant connection loss as it heats/cools and bumps in the road.

sounds like instrument cluster. will need to be either replaced or rebuilt. . i use a local place here in ga. usually can send off and get back within 3-4 days.

Back
Top Bottom