looking for a good independent transmission repair shop

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
looking mainly in the Woodstock,Roswell,Alpharetta area..

I have called around some and the prices vary wildly to build a ford AOD ,anywhere from $900 to $2000.. I know it's only a handfull of parts about $200 worth and the rest is labor.. A little shop in Woodstock is the front runner now ACE transmission at $880..

If anyone else knows of or owns a shop that can do it a little cheaper let me know..$880 is pretty cheap I know,but another $100 off would be cool.. I can buy a reman one for about the same price..

Last edited:
Trans plus in Cartersville is the only shop I will ever recommend or let work on anything for me. We let a shop in roswell (can't remember the name but it was more than 10yrs ago) rebuild a AOD transmission for us and the screwed it up tjen wouldn't make it right.

I bought one from maddog transmission in cumming and would NOT recommend them to anyone. I believe the little transmission shop at bells ferry and 92 is decent

Give Castle Transmission a call, there in Acworth. Rebuilt my trans on my 2003 chevy Z-71. Good price, honest family to deal with.

looking mainly in the Woodstock,Roswell,Alpharetta area..

I have called around some and the prices vary wildly to build a ford AOD ,anywhere from $900 to $2000.. I know it's only a handfull of parts about $200 worth and the rest is labor.. A little shop in Woodstock is the front runner now ACE transmission at $880..

If anyone else knows of or owns a shop that can do it a little cheaper let me know..$880 is pretty cheap I know,but another $100 off would be cool.. I can buy a reman one for about the same price..

Back
Top Bottom