• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking at getting a new naked bike

spar1790

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
Looking into getting a new naked style motorcycle. Right now I really have my eye on the Yamaha FZ-09 or Honda CB1000R. Anyone have any other suggestions. I'm looking to purchase in the next week or so. Triumph speed/street triple, Kawasaki Z1000, KTM 690 Duke, etc.. I'm looking for something that I can have fun on the twisties, plenty of power for the highway and comfort for up to 500 mile day trips on a monthly basis. Recommendations?

I had a KTM 990 SuperDuke for a couple of years. Beautiful bike.
It was a blast for 3-4 hrs.... but not so much for longer than that.

It ate up curves,especially in the Bl. Ridge/Murphy/ Tellico area including the Cherahola Skyway & Deals Gap.
Long highway commutes weren't much fun, or very comfortable either.

gonna be hard to beat an fz1,unless you go to a sport touring class of bike or a cross over dual sport.
i have had bike from cruisers to full on race bikes and a fz1 is what resides in my garage.
average ride up in the hills for me was 5-600 miles.
stock gearing i would run 225 miles maybe squeeze 250 from a tank.
long rides i would throw 1" risers on the front.

gonna be hard to beat an fz1,unless you go to a sport touring class of bike or a cross over dual sport.
i have had bike from cruisers to full on race bikes and a fz1 is what resides in my garage.
average ride up in the hills for me was 5-600 miles.
stock gearing i would run 225 miles maybe squeeze 250 from a tank.
long rides i would throw 1" risers on the front.

That's what I'm thinking.

fz1.jpg

btw the last time i was on the fz boards several years ago there were a couple of 01's that surpassed the 100,000 mile mark.
also remember on blokes one person had a cbr that had over 100k.
fz1 respond well to modifications also suspension and engine with 150hp being possible.
1st gens and parts will be cheap

Saw this nice looking gsx s750. Personally i would wait for the new gsx s1000 but it wont be ready till around june
IMG_20150421_100837:nopm:.jpg

Gsx s1000
2015-Suzuki-GSX-S1000.jpg

Cool looking fz09
14_Yamaha_FZ-09_3.jpg

FZ-09 hands down. Almost bought an FZ-07 last month but the insurance wasn't worth it. The Z1000 is a sick looking off the shelf custom streetfighter. Very aggressive bike. The Honda CB1000R would be one worth considering also but it doesn't move the soul like the FZ-09 does.

Back
Top Bottom