• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food sources

Ramen noodles dehydrated soup is a good bang for the buck.

Costco has a 48 pack for under $20. Each pack has 380 calories for over 18,000 calories total.

It has a long shelf life and is easy to store.

Good nutrition is great, but in survival, calories are what keeps the engine running. Being in the best possible physical condition beforehand should be on all of our lists.

PS: don't forget the clean water. While the average joe can live a month or so without eating, most humans will be dead in 2-3 days without clean water.

Mountain house meals are by far some of the best freeze dried food out there.

At Costco - Mountain House Freeze Dried Chili Mac with Beef; 6 boxes for total of 13,800 calories cost $145.

I am sure it has a lot of things going for it, But value ain't one of 'em.

For long term SHTF, you need calories, calories, calories. Supplement with multivitamins and minerals.

At Costco - Mountain House Freeze Dried Chili Mac with Beef; 6 boxes for total of 13,800 calories cost $145.

I am sure it has a lot of things going for it, But value ain't one of 'em.

For long term SHTF, you need calories, calories, calories. Supplement with multivitamins and minerals.
The last thing i would skimp on his food

Mountain house meals are by far some of the best freeze dried food out there.

On a 10 day trip my son and I ate everything they made and then we rated them.

Without a doubt we both liked the Pasta Primavera the best.
All were edible, not a one was nasty and thrown out.
We were impressed.
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the cholesterol was high on every one of the meals.
A small can of peaches, pears or fruit cocktails made for a good late evening snack.

After trying so many of their different meals, I'd be very comfortable having anything they make for an emergency.

As you all know, food storage is a time consuming process to research and carry out.
I’ve seen some sources that are questionable too, like advertising a case and sending you one can of food for $?.

I’d like to see other folks proven sources for long term foods such as canned and freeze dried items.

I've been very happy dealing with the Ready Store. www.readystore.com

Back
Top Bottom