• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lone Wolf Stainless Guiderods

88ranger

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had any issues with their stainless steel guiderods? I got one when I bought my glock off another member on here and the lone wolf is sloppy and the whole slide has play in it and when I rack it the barrel drops a little then when I dry fire it comes back up. Is this just a worn out unit or a lemon or is this normal from this manufacture?

Has anybody ever had any issues with their stainless steel guiderods? I got one when I bought my glock off another member on here and the lone wolf is sloppy and the whole slide has play in it and when I rack it the barrel drops a little then when I dry fire it comes back up. Is this just a worn out unit or a lemon or is this normal from this manufacture?

I had one in my Gen 3 Glock 21 and never had any issues with it.

I've run aprox 4 to 500 through each. Maybe you got one made on friday...lol . They seem to be good rods and springs.... or maybe I just haven't reached your rd count yet...either way, good luck.

I've run aprox 4 to 500 through each. Maybe you got one made on friday...lol . They seem to be good rods and springs.... or maybe I just haven't reached your rd count yet...either way, good luck.

Thanks I really don't know round count. Maybe I'll try and contact Lone Wolf and see what they say about the issue.

Thanks I really don't know round count. Maybe I'll try and contact Lone Wolf and see what they say about the issue.
You didn't mention which model.... However, if your guide rod has the allen screw in the front verify that it is tightened all the way down. I had one on my G23 Gen 3 that started backing out although it didn't cause an issue like you have mentioned.

I've got a G17 with 6K+ rounds on a stock recoil spring assembly- no issues yet.

Stock springs will last a lot longer than an aftermarket of reduced weight. I don't expect but about 4-5k out of my 12 pound spring. By that time I'm sure it will be down closer to a 10lb spring. Whereas a stock spring of 15 pounds will still be functional at 12 pounds after many rounds. 5 pounds of wear is a lot compared to 2 pounds of wear.

Back
Top Bottom