• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

local gunsmith

bc4850

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
113   1
Reaction score
Do any of you have any recomendations on a local gunsmith close to carrollton? I have a pretty old sweet sixteen and it really needs to be completely refinished. I know I know a lot of you will say that it will ruin the value and all, but I want it to look new again. I have no intentions on ever getting rid of it. The bluing is worn very thin and gone in spots and the stock finish is flaking off. Thanks in advance for any help. Also what will something like this cost?

Good luck(seriously)
I took a sweet old double to the gunsmith near Dalton a few years ago and he told me it was a 1 year wait(he only blues once a year)..After a year I drove out to his house and it was rusted from sitting in his basement and was just about ruined..

Call doc holt 404-786-7347
Excellent gunsmith in carrollton on barnes drive corner of cedar st near bypass.
He will not refinish but can repair and make a reccomendation on refinish. Gonna be expensive and takes time. Good luck doc and doug are the best.

Take a look at Art's Gun and Sport Shop, he's out in Missouri but does some of the finest Browning restoration work in the country. Check out the videos of his work on their website.

Back
Top Bottom