• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Living in Dawsonville

This. By the time you get settled in, it'll be ruined and overun with city-iots. If you're looking to "get away", I'd suggest not moving close to anyplace with an outlet mall. Anything up 400 or 575 is starting to be hit with this problem. Maybe try up 75? Unless of course, your super loaded and can buy up enough land to have the privacy your after. In that case, its a beautiful place to live!
lol good point.
We don’t mind a little busyness. I’m thinking a home a little outside of town but close enough that a drive won’t be too annoying.
Anything is better than Duluth at this point. And 100 times better than Druid Hills, where I used to live.

lol good point.
We don’t mind a little busyness. I’m thinking a home a little outside of town but close enough that a drive won’t be too annoying.
Anything is better than Duluth at this point. And 100 times better than Druid Hills, where I used to live.

Old town Dawsonville is really nice for that. Small town feel but the 400 Corredor is 7 minutes away if you want busy.

we were over in Creekstone which is in old town

Lived in north Forsyth back in the late 90s till 2006. less than a mile from the Dawson county line. Dawsonville is a nice place, still some rural area up in the north end of the county. Decent fishing on the etowah and amicalola rivers. Dawson WMA is an interesting place to explore.
But the area around the mall and 400 corridor are just the new northern suburbs, kinda like Cumming 25-30 years ago.

We don’t mind a little busyness.
Yeah, definitely better than Duluth. Keep in mind that busyness is relative and will change when you move out here. I spend 95% of my time on my farm, far removed from all human interaction. After 3 years of living like that, Dawsonville feels just like Atlanta used to feel when I lived in Marietta. Its a slippery slope! But you can still find open spaces pretty quickly once you leave that outlet mall area.

Back
Top Bottom